Wednesday, July 6, 2011

NDP 2011 Theme Song - In A Heartbeat


And so I took another dive into YouTube wondering what is going to be this year's theme song and found this.

Not sure what others think of it yet but this is definitely better than the monstrosity Fun Pack.
Guess what.
Lyrics are done by the same Haresh Sharma who did the Fun Pack.

Sung by Sylvia Ratonel.
I don't really watch TV that much but the name and the voice was familiar.
All I had to do was type the name into Google and... "She is most popularly known as the first female finalist in Singapore Idol history as well as being the runner-up of the third season." - From wiki.
Good thing I do watch that program near the final parts.

It feels mono to me but personally, I would find it a pleasant and decent song especially since it washes off the unpleasantness from Fun Pack earlier for me though it could be better.

Why is it not good enough? (for me)
Songs I usually take a liking to on first hearing sticks into my head never ending.
And that song will be in a never ending loop in my iTunes.
I can listen to the same song the whole day without getting sick or bored of it.

This song however, has only 1 part temporary sticking in my head right now.
"In a heartbeat"
Other than that, not much impact done to me.
The same goes with the music because it's not only lyrics that will go on a loop, it includes the music for me too.
And I believe another song in my iTunes is going to over-ride it in a short while.

Couldn't find the lyrics online so I typed it out as I listened to the song.
The video has subs in it anyway :P
Hopefully I put it in the right order.
Here you go.

I have a dream of starting a life
I have a hope, a flame alight
This is the moment, freedom is calling
This is my start, a new beginning


I have a heart, it beats for you
A step at a time, our spirits renew
Living together under the sun
Our hearts will beat as one


In a heartbeat, I'll be there for you
In a heartbeat, no one else will do
In a heartbeat, we will always be
Together, united; you and me


In a heartbeat, time has passed us by
In a heartbeat, we will reach the sky
In a heartbeat, this will always be
Our people, our country
This is our family


Nothing will stand in our way
We can be strong today
The flame is alive
This is our life


In a heartbeat, I'll be there for you
In a heartbeat, no one else will do
In a heartbeat, we will always be
Together, united; you and me


In a heartbeat, time has passed us by
In a heartbeat, we will reach the sky
In a heartbeat, this will always be
Our people, our country
This is our family


Lyrics for Fun Pack?
Seriously, what makes you think I actually care about that right now @_@
Please go Google yourself.


That said, it means I pretty much favor this year's theme song after all =D
(Just exclude the fun pack -_-)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks very much for your effort. It helped me a lot!

    ReplyDelete