Sunday, July 31, 2011

Shogun 2 Total War Hard Difficulty with Hojo


Got lazy and decided to play the lesser managing method of castle defense.

Imagine the whole world ganging on you.
For Shogun 2 Total War, after being legendary by winning battles - lots of them, the whole of Japan turn on you when an event called Realm Divide occurs.

Basically the Shogun and the rest of the clans in Japan is upping the difficulty in you winning the campaign - any way possible.

This poor castle of mine had been under assault 2 times in a row and this particular battle was the 3rd in the row in the same turn when the AI was under control.

Not to forget to mention it was assaulted by 3 stacked armies.

For a short calculation, 1 fully stacked army consists of 20 units in them.
1 unit's number depends on the type of unit so it varies.

I had no choice but to control the battle personally instead of using the handy auto-resolve when I am feeling lazy.

And since I wanted it to end as early as possible (which it didn't), I did not use slow-mo for this battle so I ended up neglecting a few of my units.

More like after I send them go "HUAT AR!!!" and I forgot about them!
2 units went gone case and I only managed to salvage 4 almost GG red health (dying) units.
Another 2 units dropped from green to yellow strength.
Meaning about half dead.
1 of the red strength unit only left 2 in it >.<

Good thing their reinforcements came in late!
And lucky me my battle timer by default was 20mins.
I think I might go nuts if I try to attempt very hard.

After this, there was actually a 4th assault on another castle...

I was too tired especially with my flu.
So I saved - quit the game - and went to bed~

And to my dear friends who once asked if I could micro manage - my answer still remains the same as you can see from the video....

I STILL CAN'T!
>.<

No comments:

Post a Comment