Wednesday, July 13, 2011

An Open Letter to the Education Minister from a Secondary 4 Student

Thumbs up.
A definite must-read.

Click here for the link~


Most Majority of Singaporeans like to complain, do nothing and hope things change.
I am in the complain and do nothing but ignore waiting if there's going to be a change or not.

For me waiting for a change is equivalent of nothing.
I might as well live life my own pace and live it to the fullest my own way.

As long as I can earn my own up keep I am fine without those:
"Then you can earn more money, become very rich, have nice house nice car and enjoy luxuries" and become a lifeless idiot like a puppet to the system thinking it is normal.
Well, normalized.
I do not see the point of wearing a mask.
Or multiple.

But this student who wrote this on Facebook note spent a precious 1hr 45mins of his life to try to do for a change in this nice piece of article without knowing if the intended reader reads it.

Respect aye.


Some last thoughts before I am off to bed.

About the WHY and the moral education value teaching part, let's cut short and go through some stuff we see almost daily.
Especially if you take bus and MRT.

Why is there a Courtesy Campaign in Singapore?
Admitting peeps here are not courteous?
I sincerely believe that Singapore is probably the only country that has a Courtesy Campaign (as per mentioned by one of my friends, forgotten who but I never check).


Sadly, most people only act when they feel that it looks bad for them (them and their image) even till now like on the MRT with the priority seats issue with the stickers on it.
This include random Stompers that likes to take a random busybody picture, post it, complain and do nothing. Typical.

Not that I do not like Stomps' interesting articles.
Let's just say Stomps' image got tarnished by ba-ba black sheep.
Seriously, someone should try asking this to their moral education staff.
Most probably the standard textbook answer for them is something along the line "to promote courtesy".
And then give them a big "WHY?"
I won't be surprised if one ask you to Google for the answer (laughs).


Okie dokie.
Sleepy time...
Resuming my research later in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment